Street Light Billing

Why does my water bill have a charge for street lights?

The Revised Code of Washington (RCW) # 57.08.060 directs water districts to collect payment from its customers for street lights even if there is not a street light in the immediate vicinity of your property, and to forward this money on to the appropriate power utility (in our case, Puget Sound Energy).


All street light outages should be reported directly to Puget Sound Energy at 1-888-225-5773 or online at their website.